- Date: Saturday March 30, 2019
- Time: 11:00am
- Location: UOIT Old Gym - The Gym can be accessed through the Campus Recreation and Wellness Centre (CRWC).
- There is a map attached at the bottom of this page.
- Parking is available in Founders Lot 2.
The Professional Engineers of Ontario Lake Ontario Chapter and the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists Durham Chapter would like to invite you to participate in our 14th Annual Popsicle stick bridge building contest.
Our contest will be held March 30, 2019 at Durham College / University of Ontario Institute of Technology in Oshawa. The contest is scheduled to start at 11:00 a.m. and will go until all bridges are tested.
This contest is open to all students from grades 4 - 8. There is a Junior categry (Grade 4 - 6) and an Intermediate category (Grades 7-8). Teams may consist of anywhere from 1 to 4 students.
Bridges must be built before the competition to allow time for the glue to dry. A full copy of the rules / specifications is available at the bottom of this page. Note there has been a change to the rules, bridge weight will now be limited to 450g.
Prizes will be awarded to the strongest bridge in each category. As well additional prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the judging staff.
There is an entrance fee of $5 per bridge to be tested, payable at the competition.
To register please click the link in the upper right corner of this site. You will need to first create an account (or use your account for past years) then once logged in click register team again to add as many teams as you need. The registration deadline is March 8, 2019.
If you would like to keep up to date please sign up for our email mailing list on the right hand side of this page.
For more information:
- National Engineering Month (NEM)
- Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) Lake Ontario Chapter
- Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) Durham Chapter
- Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Ontario Institute of Technology